Created by OnePlusYou
BLOGGER

Friday, May 16, 2008

The Crying Sessions

My grandmother and I started to watch a movie together. It was the "City of Angels". I watched it for the most part of the movie, as my Gran slept it off. But, in the end, we cried together. I kind of feel guilty of making her cry like that. She hasn't cried like that since my grandfather died. They were inseparable. That movie wasn't really cry-much-worthy but something about its ending, and how I knew Maggie (Meg Ryan) would die in the end, made me cry. And, I don't cry that easily. Not even for my stupid grades (coming from someone who's goal is high grades). I cry about things involving my childhood. My mother, mostly. Talk about her in a disrespectful fashion and you get some serious law issues. I grew up with only a mom by by side. She's a single parent and she's the only one I've got, besides by only family side--my grandparent(s), my cousins, my aunts and uncles. My mom means the world to me. Period. The same maybe said about my Gran. She's the one who taught me how to read and appreciate books like they are part of my flesh, my spirit, my soul. These wonderful people were the ones I imagined while staring into the TV screen. I saw them all in that one shadowed moment of Maggie's uneventful accident. I thought about them and how fragile life truly is. Seth (Nicolas Cage) had unconditional love for Maggie. Now, that's something you don't see or hear or bother very often. They say that there's no such thing as unconditional love--I say they're wrong. How do you think we ended alive in the first place? God has unconditional love for us. Children have it too. But, I think it fades with the innocence of purity and corrodes with the tarnished soul, bashed by the world's infidelity. Wow. Long excruciatingly floral sentence. *chuckles a little*

I just remembered my grandfather. That's all. And it hurts. That's all.

Insanely me ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please and Thank You